Are you looking for stylish, reliable and efficient portable solar power? The Biolite SolarPanel 10+ is an excellent option for power on the go for charging all your small devices.
You can now get smart, stylish solar power directly from the Sun. Portable solar is booming and as more and more people take up hiking, camping and other outdoor pursuits, they need solutions for charging their phones, laptops and other small devices.
Let’s look at the details within the BioLite SolarPanel 10+.
Please note that some of product links on this page might be affiliate links. This means Clean Volts would earn a small commission when you buy a product we recommend, at no extra charge to you.
Features at a glance:
- 10 Watts of power accessed through a USB cable
- Also comes in a 5 Watts model
- 360 degree stand with “Optimal Sun System”
- Integrated battery to store the energy generated from the panel
- Dimensions: 10.12 inch x 8.19 inch and 0.94 inch thickness
- Weighs a mere 13.96 ounces
- Weather resistant to IP4 standards
Features but more in-depth:
- The kickstand can be positioned at any angle and set up on an uneven surface
- You can use the integrated sun-dial to position the panel in the best way
- You can view the panel charge and battery charge on a small strength indicator on the side
- The battery status button shows how much power you have left
- The solar panel is made from highly efficient monocrystalline cells
- Use the USB charge out port to charge your devices
- Use the micro USB charge in port to charge the on-board battery from other energy sources
- The corner latches make it easy to fasten or attach the panel to anything, including your backpack (as an alternative to backpacks with solar panels)
How long does the Biolite Solarpanel 10+ take to charge my devices?
Let’s look at a couple of charging benchmarks, by device category:
- GoPro camera: 0.5 hours
- Smartphone: 1 hour
- iPad or tablet: 2.3 hours
- Built-in battery: 1.2 hours
This solar panel also pairs nicely with other Biolite products, such as their lanterns and fire pits.
What’s the technology behind the Biolite SolarPanel 10+?
Check out this video:
The team at BioLite have been hard at work perfecting all the products in their energy range.
Team members include engineers, industrial designers, manufacturing and electronics specialists.
The BioLite mission is to make solar power more accessible to people in a friendly, easy-to-use way.
The smart technology built into the Biolite SolarPanel helps you align the panel in a way for maximum power output from the Sun.
The kickstand has been stress tested to make sure it keeps working and working for many years.
The solar panel itself is highly efficient monocrystalline silicon and has been coated with a PET coating to prevent scratches and abrasions. This ensures the panel stays as efficient as possible for as long as possible.
The panel only has the most important layers and coatings to prevent unnecessary heating up. Heat makes solar panels less efficient so this helps the panel produce more power.
The panel is ultra thin and water resistant.
The panel includes MPPT (maximum power point tracking) to ensure the onboard smart processor constantly monitors the level of sunlight and power output. The photovoltaic converters are constantly optimised so you get the most power possible under any light conditions.
That’s super smart technology to give you the best power output.
Want even more info? Check out the overview video from BioLite:
Do you own a BioLite panel? Want to share your thoughts with us? Let us know in the comments below.
We’re excited by the direction the BioLite team has taken solar and all its other products and we think their approach is perfect by putting the customer first.
We like the BioLite SolarPanel 10+ because it was built with a great deal of thought for campers, hikers and people who need portable solar power on the go.